Hollandia Soccer Club
Position: Programming Assistant
Hollandia Soccer Club is a non-profit organization based in Saskatoon, that offers youth soccer programming. We are currently accepting applications to fill the role of Programming Assistant. We are home to over 500 youth soccer players, and we service a community of players ages U7 to U19 in both City and Alliance Leagues under the Saskatoon Youth Soccer (SYSI) umbrella.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will bring strong organizational skills, the ability to work in a self-led, fast-paced environment, strong customer service skills, and the desire to learn more about the soccer community in Saskatoon. Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines, and projects at one time will be an integral part of this position.
This position is a part-time position with the ability to work-from-home for much of the required duties, although there are some parts of the job where the successful candidate will be expected to be in-person at club events.
The nature of this position does allow for some flexibility in scheduling and the successful candidate is expected to be working roughly 15 hours per week. Due to the nature of our industry, there may be points during the year where more hours are required.
This position does require the successful candidate to at times assist with club tasks that require a valid driver’s license and access to their own vehicle or transportation.
Job Functions & Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with Club Administration tasks as assigned by the Operations Director
- Assist with Equipment management tasks such as organization, distribution, and inventory management.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of Hollandia’s two tournaments: Off The Wall and Hollandia Cup.
- Attend meetings with the Operations Director as required.
- Assist with the recruitment, organization, and support of our volunteers.
- Assist with the planning, development, and execution of marketing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Director
Job Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to complete duties within the indicated timelines/deadlines.
- Demonstrates time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong attention to details.
- Previous experience with social media marketing is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in the soccer community within Saskatchewan is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in an administrative role is considered an asset but we are willing to train the right candidate.
- Work hours are flexible as long as tasks are completed within the required timelines.
- Successful candidate must have access to the Internet.
- Hours may vary throughout the course of the season but will never drop below 15 hours per week.
- A Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check is required for any successful applicant before hire.
- The successful candidate must have a valid Saskatchewan driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Compensation: Dependent on candidate qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Posting open until filled
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to Tanya Giesbrecht at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Hollandia Difference
Since 1994, Hollandia has continuously updated its players development methods to keep pace with conventional practices, but our philosophy has always remained the same: Soccer is about players, and everything that we do should be based on what is best for technical, tactics, and personal development of our players.
Hollandia Soccer Club acknowledges that we are on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Metis. We wish to pay our respects to the First Nations and Metis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another.
Hollandia Soccer Club is committed to the principles of mutual respect, trust, and collaboration in recognition of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Report.